ARDEX X 5™
Flexible Thin Set Mortar
Ideal for the everyday installation of Large Format Tile
ARDEX X 5™ is a high-performance polymer modified thin set mortar that demonstrates very good flexibility, bonding strength and sag resistance for the everyday setting of large format tiles on walls or floors for interior and exterior applications. For interior applications use to set porcelain, quarry, ceramic, mosaic and most natural stone tiles* over common interior surfaces, including exterior-grade plywood.
For exterior applications use for setting porcelain tiles (horizontal applications), ceramic, all types of mosaic and most natural stone tiles* over exterior concrete and masonry surfaces.
ARDEX X 5™ is also ideal for the setting of decoupling mats such as Schluter® DITRA mats. For a rapid set installation of decoupling mats use ARDEX FB 9L™ Pourable ShearFlex® Thin Set Mortar.
- Ideal for the setting of large format tiles horizontally or vertically
- Very good bonding strength, flexibility and sag resistance
- Use to set porcelain, quarry, ceramic, mosaic and most natural stone tiles*
- Water and frost resistant
- Interior and exterior use
- 3 hour pot life
- Grout walls in 8 hours, floors in 24 hours
- Easy to mix and apply
- Use for floors, walls and countertops
- Ideal for setting decoupling mats including Schluter® DITRA mats
Available in gray and white – 40lb. (18kg) bags
*For moisture sensitive and natural stone tiles use ARDEX X 32™MICROTEC®