Rapid Waterproofing and Crack Isolation Compound
Best in class waterproofing & crack isolation compound and still less cost per square foot!
ARDEX 8+9 is a best in class two-component system consisting of a solvent-free, acrylic-based liquid compound combined with a cement-based powder containing Portland cements and other hydraulic cements. When mixed and applied, these components produce a flexible, waterproof coating that protects substrates from positive side water infiltration and provides an excellent bonding layer for tile and stone setting materials.
Use to waterproof all common building substrates that require protection from topside water exposure. Use over interior and exterior concrete and masonry finishes, and over existing tile, drywall, cementitious backer boards and plywood on all interior floors and walls prior to the installation of tile and stone.
Also use for exterior balconies and other concrete and masonry surfaces to prevent liquid water from penetrating from the topside through the tile application to the area below.
- Rapid setting – tile in 90 minutes
- Flood test in 4 hours
- Excellent coverage – up to 100 sq. ft. per unit (convenient kit) or 300 sq.ft. per unit (commercial size)
- Crack isolation up to 1/8″ (3 mm)
- Ideal for applications in commercial and residential bathrooms, showers and kitchens prior to the installation of tile or stone
- Use for interior or exterior floors and walls
- Easy to apply with a roller
- A blend of Portland cement and other hydraulic cements
- Solvent free
- Can be used in place of a shower pan
- IAPMO certified
Product size: ARDEX 8 Liquid: 1 gal. (3.78 liters) bottle and ARDEX 9 Powder: 9 lb. (4 kg) bags
Commercial size: ARDEX 8 Liquid: 3 gal bottle and ARDEX 9 Powder: 27 lb. bags