ARDEX X 78™
MICROTEC® Semi-Pourable Thin Set Mortar
Ideal for large format floor tile installations, especially in high traffic areas, interior or exterior.
ARDEX X 78™ MICROTEC® is a high performance, microfiber reinforced, polymer modified, semi-pourable, thin set mortar especially formulated for horizontal large format tile installations. Use for installing porcelain, glass, mosaic, quarry, ceramic and most natural stone tiles* over interior or exterior concrete and masonry floor surfaces. Also, use for interior applications over exterior-grade plywood. It can be used on floors with in-floor heating systems. Special additives virtually eliminate the risk of efflorescence.
ARDEX X 78 is formulated to provide a high bond strength and flexibility, making it ideal for the installation of large format tiles in high traffic areas. Its unique, semi-pourable consistency makes application over large areas fast and easy. In addition, it provides excellent contact upon setting eliminating the need to back butter the tile in most installations.
- Use for setting porcelain, glass, quarry, ceramic, all types of mosaic and most natural stone* tiles
- Use over exterior concrete and masonry surfaces, as well as over common interior surfaces, including exterior grade plywood
- Extended open time of up to 60 minutes – double the ISO standard
- Especially suited for large format tile installations
- Very high bond strength, highly flexible for excellent shear resistance
- Unique, semi-pourable consistency makes it extremely easy to mix and apply
- Ideal for high traffic areas
- Special additives virtually eliminate the risk of efflorescence
- Use for interior and exterior floors and horizontal surfaces
- Outstanding coverage – 105 sq. ft. (9.75 sq. m) per bag with1/4″ sq. notch trowel
- 4 hour pot life
Available in gray and white – 40lb. (18kg) bags